New To Austin
So, you are new to Austin, looking for a job, looking to meet people, looking to watch football games with fellow LSU fans? Here are some suggestions!
- Add yourself to the e-mail distribution list.
- Join myspace and facebook and browse all the local fans.
- Join LinkedIn - browse and get your resume out there.
- Attend the happy hours and other events.
- Check out ways to really get involved with the chapter here in Austin!
- Introduce yourself and HAVE FUN!
There are a few things that people who have lived here a while can tell you. Here is a small list. If you have any interesting facts, or solid advice for new folks, or comments to add simply send us an email and we'll add it to the list!
- For north-south travel past downtown - take MoPac. Don't even consider I-35, unless it is truly unavoidable.
- MoPac gets its name from the railroad that runs along with it at certain points - Missouri-Pacific.
- MoPac is Loop 1. It is not a loop. It only runs north-south. If you have ever tried taking "Loop 1" around the city and failed - you are not alone.
- 183 changes names several times and snakes through the city. These streets branch off and continue on. It is confusing.
- In fact there are several streets that change names. We can handle this - how about College-Lee-Brightside or Essen-Starring or Burbank-Seigen-Sherwood?
- Don't waste your time trying to understand the MoPac-183 exchange and all the various exits. Eventually you will just feel it. Until then you will get turned around. More than once.
Please contact us at any time at email@example.com with any suggestions, questions, comments, concerns or criticism!