How To Get Involved!
So you're living in Austin, and you're just wondering what you can do to support your local alumni chapter? Here is a good list of stuff you can do to help.
- Join the local chapter! Dues start at $15 a year and help pay for a wide variety of various expenses - our annual newsletter, the cost of our internet hosting and email service, paying for various items for various events, and a multitude of other expenses. Check out the various levels of membership here. You can join the local Austin Chapter by filling out our online store or by filling out and mailing in our 2011 printable membership form or our 2012 printable membership form. If you do opt to pay online, please don't for forget to update your information!!
- Do you own a business? Why not become a sponsor? We'll add a link to your online presence to our website and to our email blasts! It is a great way to gain more exposure for your business!
- Join our Facebook Group, follow us on Twitter, and connect with us on LinkedIn!
- Do you have an idea you'd like for the chapter to pursue? Join the board, or just attend a board meeting, and get that idea out there! Contact us and we'll make sure you are expected at the next board meeting!
- Make a donation to our scholarship!
- Attend one of our many happy hours!
- Attend our annual scholarship fundraiser typically held in February!
- Attend our annual crawfish boil held in April!
- Attend our annual membership luncheon held in May!
- Attend our annual party barge held in June!
- Attend our annual student send-off picnic held in July!
- Attend our annual SEC tailgate picnic held in August!
- Attend our football game viewings throughout the fall!
- Participate in one of our volunteer opportunities!
Please contact us at any time at firstname.lastname@example.org with any suggestions, questions, comments, concerns or criticism!